The winter months are now upon us and its time to make sure your forklifts are prepared!
Arrange a Winter Check with Forkway today to avoid any unnecessary downtime or unplanned costs and keep your forklifts running smoothly when the cold bites.
Here are a few top tips from us:
- Carry Out Daily Checks – in particular, ensure oil and other lubricants are topped up and make sure the coolant system in diesel forklifts has the correct concentration of anti-freeze.
- Service Schedule Is Up To Date – planned preventative maintenance is the key to reducing the risk of any unexpected downtime.
- See And Be Seen – check that all lights work, driving in poor visibility or low light conditions increases the risk of accidents. Also make sure your screens are clean and keep screen wash levels topped up.
- No Skidding – check your tyres and make sure they are suitable for all conditions.
- Don’t Get Snowed In – have equipment ready for the removal of snow and ice. Forkway can supply you with snow ploughs, gritters and other useful accessories.
- Are Your Drivers Trained? – your operators are your most important asset, ensure they know how to use the equipment safely in all adverse conditions.
Call the Forkway Service Team today on 0844 854 8899 to arrange a Winter Check.