Forkway are one of the UK’s leading materials handling solutions providers with around 100 employees across three Handling Centres and a number of strategic service centres.
The impact you will have:
- To undertake the repair & maintenance of industrial, agricultural and warehousing trucks and ancillary equipment, ensuring maximum profitability and return.
- To carry out fault diagnosis to identify reported breakdowns
- To ensure all damage and faults are highlighted to customers and recorded accurately on appropriate Forkway documentation
- To provide a professional, efficient & responsive service support to customers by means of maintaining & repairing materials handling equipment to the highest standard whilst observing Health and Safety regulations at all times
- To accurately complete all paperwork required within the role including servicing sheets, breakdown reports, accident reports timesheets, quotes etc in a timely fashion
- To work closely with the sales team, informing them of any potential leads and to participate in site surveys and site meetings as and when required
What will help you to excel in this role:
- The position requires that the employee must have a minimum of 2 years experience as an Engineer
- Be proficient in reading both electrical and IC truck wiring diagrams
- Be able to strip and reassemble a hydraulic valve bank, cylinder and gear pumps
- Be able to interpret the test information for main, forward /reverse clutch, torque converter pressure and carry out a full stall test.
What you can expect from us:
- Negotiable base salary
- Future development and career opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme
- Profit share bonus based on business performance
- If you are interested in joining the Forkway then please click on the apply now button and a member of the team will be in touch
- Not sure if this is the right role for you? Please feel free to visit the careers page on our website and send us your CV speculatively for a member of the team to review
- If you require any reasonable adjustments to assist you in the interview process, then please contact a member of the Recruitment team and inform them prior to attending so we can ensure these are met
- Full Time